[OM] Will this work??

Subject: [OM] Will this work??
From: "Dean C. Hansen" <hanse112@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 21:48:47 -0800
Hi OMers,
    I do some macro work with the OM bellows and the 20/2, 38/2.8, and
80/4 OM macro lenses.  With the bellows, the double cable release first
closes down the diaphragm and then fires the shutter.  Essentially, it's
stopped-down metering, isn't it?
    Comparing my Olympus bellows with photos of both the Ni*on and C*n*n
bellows, it seems that the X-shaped rail in all three bellows models is
either the same or very similar.  It it is the same, could one remove
the Olympus camera mount from the OM bellows, replace it with the camera
mount from either the C*n*n or Ni*on bellows unit, and end up mounting
either a digital C*n*n or Ni*on camera on the OM bellows rail and hence
use the OM macro lenses with either of these two digital camera?  The
idea is clear in my mind;  have I explained it so anyone understands
what I'm proposing?  In essence, could one end up using a C*n*n 10D with
these fine OM macro lenses?
    Anyone have both the OM and one of these other bellows to compare?
Obviously, the axis of the camera mounts and the threads on the pinion
gears would have to be the same for this to work.
Dean