Re: [OM] E-1 4/3 vs. full sensor, read it, this is an order

Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 4/3 vs. full sensor, read it, this is an order
From: "Earl Dunbar" <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 23:09:47 -0500
This would require a whole different way of seeing light, which would then
guide one's ability to paint in the mind, thus somewhat affecting composition
as well as previsualizing.

This is the whole thing about digital.  Things are DIFFERENT; our eyes and
instinctive reactions to scenes are sensitized to emulsions (allusion
intentional; kinda cool, eh?) and sensors and the resultant workflow are
different than film.  What I want from a digital image is not necessarily
"better" resolution, dynamic range, etc. (although those are important), but
the ability to convey the feeling/emotion that  I know how to do so well with
the methods I worked so hard to master.  And the re-inve$tment is a
consideration.  And if the damn camera doesn't feel like an OM (or better) in
my hand, it's another hurdle.