Re: [OM] Re: ( OM ) OT OT Mike Moore OT OT and guns

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: ( OM ) OT OT Mike Moore OT OT and guns
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:35:47 -0500
Well, I don't think anybody ever called the CDC a right-wing
organization.  And certainly not Reuters.

http://www.instapundit.com/archives/011803.php

Living under the rule of a soverign that disarms (meaning it fears
and distrusts) its citizens, a couple of doped-up, drunken or just
plain mean thugs with an aluminum baseball bat can come to your
front door, force their way in and for as long as it suits them do
as they please with you and your possessions -- not to mention
your wife, daughter, son, dog, cat or budgie.

If a pair of doped-up, drunken or just plain mean thugs come to my
front door, I'll just end up with another aluminum baseball bat
and an amusing story to tell my NRA buddies.

The fact that guns are illegal is not a deterrent to criminals,
who, as a species, themselves are illegal.  I am constantly amused
that so many of those who are fervently anti-gun seem to think
that making the possession of firearms illegal will result in this
sort of thought process for the criminal:  "Damn, I need some
money.  I was going to rob a liquor store, but it's against the
law for me to have this pistol, and I could get in trouble for
that.  I guess I'll have to go get a job at the car wash instead."

But we've argued this all before, and I'm quitting now.  That is,
unless somebody starts singing the praises of Michael Moore again.

Walt, still armed, but only sometimes dangerous.

"...as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know
we know.  We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say,
we know there are some things we do not know.  But there are also
unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know." -- Donald
Rumsfeld