Re: [OM] re: OT OT Mike Moore OT OT

Subject: Re: [OM] re: OT OT Mike Moore OT OT
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:33:26 -0800
Mike wrote:

Brian, I think M.M. is a bit selective with his facts in order to make
his point. I think big Canadian cities like Vancouver have crime rates
that unfavorably compare to neighboring US cities. Surely people in
Vancouver lock their doors, especially after a recent rash of home
invasions. And the infamous pig farm holds it's own with any US serial
killing.

And, on the southern side of the border, I could point out any number of
people who don't compulsively lock their doors and cower in fear in
their homes. (For that matter, I still know people who leave their keys
in their unlocked cars at night. Not in the ignition, of course, they're
on top of the visor.)

As with his past mockumentaries, Moore was more than just a bit
selective with his facts.