[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4438

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4438
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:30:43 -0800

Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:02:44 +0800
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [OM] E-1

I had a chance to play with the E1 when it came into the camera store, I
just happened to be there when the Olympus rep came in..  They didn't
let anybody play with it; but since I was an old customer, and an OM
user, they thought OK.

The AF was fast, the viewfinder is fairly bright, although not as big
IMHO as my Om1n.  The camera feels solid, and good molding to the hand.
  Overall, I liked it, might be my next DSLR..

Albert

Yeah, the camera's build quality is just stunning, as good as the other Pro D-SLRs. Better than a 10D, I would say, and as good as a 1D, and that is saying something. And it's small and compact compared to the other big, pro D-SLRs as well. The autofocus is fast when I was outside shooting, but it did get confused inside the store. I have more info that relates to my observations that I will post in a new topic. The viewfinder is probably smaller because I think it is designed to be 100 0.000000or the smaller image circle of the new lenses.

-Stephen.
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!