Re: [OM] Re: Olympus E-1 review

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Olympus E-1 review
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:27:07 -0500
It's possible that Olympus isn't comparing the E-series lenses with the small
handful of super-sharp Zuikos of yore.  They might be
talking about the experiences with a number of fuzzy Zuikos like my 50 /1.8
(non-miJ), 50 1.4, a 28/3.5 so fuzzy I couldn't focus it
critically, and the 200/4.  They were all on a par with the Sigma 400 f/5.6
which Photodo gave something like a "2.3".

None of them were as sharp as the white sheep of the Sigma line, the 24mm 2.8.
From the Photodo results, Sigmas were almost all
dogs for a long time, like Soligors.  Maybe Olympus would be more descriptive
if they said, "These aren't nearly as blurry as our
1970s line was," but clarity wouldn't engender affection.

All the best,
Lama

From: "Mark Kronquist" <mak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>