Re: [OM] OM-4 wind problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 wind problem
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:44:38 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003, james olson wrote:

> I now have two OM-4 bodies with the same problem.  As I progress through the
> roll, it gets harder and harder to manually wind the camera.  I have been
> able to get around it by lifting the film rewind lever up, which makes it
> easier to wind.

First off, make sure that when you insert the film leader into the take-up
spool that it doesn't come through the other side.  If it does the film will
eventually bunch up and start rubbing against the body.   The other likely
culprit is a slipping take-up spool.  The easiest way to diagnose the problem
is take an old film and wind it with the back open.  You should be able to
tell if it's the take up spool or the rewind shaft which is causing problems.

> Is it a bent rewind shaft?

Not likely, but you should be able to tell if it's bent when you rewind the
film.
                                -mark