[OM] got my 35-70/3.6 + hood today!

Subject: [OM] got my 35-70/3.6 + hood today!
From: Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:15:22 -0800
yes, i got FOUR brown boxes in the mail today, two were expected, two were not, so i'm all the more happier. box one from B&H with fuji NPH. box two from KEH, 35-70/3.6, box three, from a very generous Jim Hinken w/ the matching hood for the 3.6, and box 4, headlamps (no not *that* kind), the real deal, good stuff from osram in germany that can't be found stateside (vs the poseur junk sold here). i am happy. jim, your film should be on it's way tomororw.

the lens, in bargain grade (cost me $105), is super, i LOVE it. not nearly as big as i expected (at least on the 70mm position which is the shortest), nor as heavy. pity it wont fit in the ERC i have, so i need to go and get myself a lenscap now w. the rubberband thingy. focus is extremely light and easy to turn, zoom has more resistance, but things snap into focus in a lovely manner. very few specs of dust on the glass, the usual wear signs on the barrel/rubber grips. but glass is clean, just a hint of swirls from past cleaning (visible only if i blow on the glass, via condensation). now to shoot some NPH test to get a feel for the lens. already loving the lens after dry firing practice runs around the house.

Thanks to ALL of you for advising me, and a double applause for Jim!

--
/S
aim:iddibhai