Re: [OM] Help!

Subject: Re: [OM] Help!
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 21:10:02 -0000
Two thoughts Douglas:

Fist - Spot metering through a 500mm lens is giving a spot reading field of
view of less than half a degree.  *If* your Sekonic can
measure such a small angle, I bet you a 90/2 Zuiko that you can't aim it as
accurately as you can your OM4.  Are you sure that you
are metering the same target?

Second - Is the A2 mount properly engaging with the aperture sensing cam in the
lens throat of the OM4?  If it is missing the cam,
the metering will be way off.  Check by mounting the lens while you look
through from the film plane (with the shutter open on B
unless you care to cut a hole in the shutter blind :-))  Looking from the film
plane, the cam starts at about 2 o'clock with out the
lens mounted, then should get moved round to maybe 11 o'clock.

HTH

Piers