Re: [OM] Book covering Classic Olympus 35 series cameras?

Subject: Re: [OM] Book covering Classic Olympus 35 series cameras?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 00:23:53 -0800
You can get coverage of all the OM classics by buying an early and a late edition of Shipman. They are really excellent books and were printed in such volume that they are easy to find at reasonable prices. There are a couple of other Oly System books, The Olympus OM Way, by L A Mannheim, one by Fritz Pangerl (title escapes me at the moment). but they are rarer, much more expensive and incomplete because they don't cover the later stuff. The very good tables from The Olympus Way are available here. <http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/PDFs/OM_Way-tables.pdf> Like Lama, I highly recommend the eSIF CD. It's full of unexpected treasures. When Brian asked about use of the T20 with the OM-4 series bodies, I turned there first and found a huge amount of stuff on OM flash modes that I hadn't noticed before. It's my most often used OM reference and sits in one CD drive by default.

Moose

Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

While the Shipman books don't cover all of the classice olympus 35 series, they
cover whatever was current at the time of
publication.  For example, the 10th printing covers the 1n, 2-S (2-S PROGRAM),
3, 4, 4T, PC (40), and 77AF. ISBN: 0-89586-610-2
Title: "How To Select And Use Olypus SLR Cameras".

He does a MUCH better job of explaining the T32 than the official manual for
example.  It has some typos (like showing a spot meter
area on the PC's focussing screen and 4 AAs in a T20) but they've all been
benign so far.

Actually, I'd recommend you buy the e-SIF disc first.