Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4414

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4414
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:53:17 -0800
I recently bought a 55mm c-pol from OA. The picture showed a filter that said "55mm Circular Polarizer Japan" on it. The text stated: " Filter of choice to limit or eliminate reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as glass and water. Improves color saturation and contrast in bright light situations.

With digital cameras the effect of the filter can be seen by using the LCD monitor.

Olympus digital cameras C-700/720/730/740/750 Ultra-Zoom require the CLA-4 Lens Adapter Tube. All other C-series digital camera models (except the C-50 Zoom) require the CLA-1 Lens Adapter Tube and the Step-Up Ring 43-55mm. "

The filter I received is clearly the same as the one pictured and in addition says "OLYMPUS America Inc." on the other side. Oly never made their own filters anyway and labeled all the old ones I have Olympus, not Zuiko. I got a rather nice looking Japanese made c-pol filter for $30, what's to complain? So not all OA filter sales are bad.

Moose

Jeff Keller wrote:

Bought some 55mm, 72mm and 100mm filters at good prices.  8^)   Some of the
fake leather cases were sticky but everything looked new - and was the
expected Olympus filters.

-jeff
----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Gullen" <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I'm also puzzled as everything else went fine. Has anyone else bought
filters from them? Did you get "Zuiko"?