Re: [OM] Quality equipment?

Subject: Re: [OM] Quality equipment?
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:27:55 -0800
I would assume the 'click' of the lens when mounting on the camer body. I know that is how I judge all of my cameras and lenses. :)

Jim Couch

Piers Hemy wrote:

Spotted in an on-line auction listing for an OM2:

"The camera has a fabulous lens click, that sound that let's you know you own a
piece of quality equipment."

Any guesses as to what he is talking about? The click stops on the diaphragm?
Or the robust way the lens  shrugs off all the grit
that has accumulated in the helical focusing?

I think I need to know, so that I can judge for myself whether I too have
quality equipment!

Piers