Re: [OM] Camera size vs Image size

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera size vs Image size
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 05:55:34 -0500
Actually, I don't agree.  The D100 is physically larger, but it handles
quite well.  As a comparison, I just mounted the Tamron 28-200 on the OM-4T
and the 28-200 Nikkor on the D100 and weighed them.  The Tamron was the
closest equivalent to the Nikon 36-300 effective, since Olympus never made a
similar zoom.

The OM-4 with lens OUTWEIGHED the Nikon with lens.

Now, some will argue that a Zuiko would have been smaller and lighter.

Yes, it would, but they never made one.  Same with the wide angle zoom.  My
18-36 equivalent compares to the Zuiko, oh, nothing.

Don't forget consumables too.  I can carry one heck of a lot of 'film' in a
small place with digital cards. Even if I need to go for a week or a month,
my X-drive is pretty small and light.

I agree they could be smaller and I bought the OM because it was little, but
the D100 (and E20) feel and work right.

Tom