Re: [OM] Re: SPAM

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: SPAM
From: "John Gettis" <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:02:50 -0800
This is similar to my experience. But I have a question for the internet
experts most of the delisting services that I have run into require you to
enter your address what if you use the email address's in the header of the
spam message would that give them a wave of spam?

John Gettis

> On a related note, several of the online e-zines for computer types (PC
Mag etc.) ran recent articles on how using the spammers own exclusion
addresses generally seemed to work, contrary to "urban legend."  I've found
exactly the opposite -- for two weeks in September, I assiduously tried
every de-listing link sent to me in every single spam e-mail, spending
about 90 minutes a day.  Did it decrease my spam?  No.  But it *did* start
a new wave of spam which uses my own e-mail address as the return address,
which means that MW Pro cannot filter it out (MW Pro assumes my own address
is a "friend").

> De-listing services are a complete sham.  I have no idea how mags like PC
Mag came to the erroneous conclusions they did.