Re: [OM] EOS-300D with Zuikos, first impressions, was: [OM] digital ques

Subject: Re: [OM] EOS-300D with Zuikos, first impressions, was: [OM] digital questions again (long)
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:11:50 -0800
on 11/11/03 10:23 AM, Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas at cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> The bundled lens is a totally different matter -- absolute crap.
> Lightweight as a feather, it's fully made of plastic, *mount included*.
> Zoom action is quite irregular, and manual focusing is sort of a nightmare
> -- that tiny, undamped ring usually throws off focus after removing the
> hand. Its noticeable play may also shift the image a bit :-( Optically,
> this lens is so-so, but good enough for Internet or snapshooting.
> Surprisingly flare-resistant, though. At least, the zoom range with the
> smaller sensor (about 15 x 22.5 mm) is much nicer than any other 35mm zoom
> -- that's why I got it.

Carlos - You might invest in one good Canon AF lens... even though the
camera works with your Zuikos (thanks for the very complete report!) I don't
think you will get the full potential for casual use without a better lens,
and Canon -does- make some. Other than the 'multiplication factor' any one
of their better quality primes or zooms will help you get the most out of
the 6MP sensor for your 'fun' pictures.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...