Re: [OM] OT - Camouflage Paint ?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Camouflage Paint ?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:05:58 EST
In a message dated 11/11/03 2:04:30 PM Central Standard Time,
Gad-Zuiks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Would the weight of the tubes themselves affect the net buoyancy

When you do the calculation, three feet is really on the high side.  The
stick of PVC is 10 feet long, cut into 3 pieces 3 ft 4 inches each.  I doubt
that
they would ever be in more than 2 feet of water, the other 16 inches being a
little safety net.  This thing is going to get pencil whipped to death.  The
water will be either salt or brackish which will affect the buoyancy.  The
proof
is in the pudding and what I need to do is go put them to the test.  I
suspect floatation will not be a problem.  Bill Barber