Re: [OM] old NG photos... film "look"

Subject: Re: [OM] old NG photos... film "look"
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:18:17 -0500
Acer,

I'm not sure what method NG was using in the '90s to transfer transparencies to print but they were using Kodachrome for many years. Look for a person in a red shirt to tell. (That is a lame reference to their photographers trying to add a little punch to the photos by utilizing Kodachrome's strength in rendering reds).

In the '70s a transparency was separated, by using filters, into four primary colored + b&w monochrome negatives which were then burned onto aluminum (aluminium) plates for the press. Sometimes a mask was added to control contrast.

Gregg

looking thru some early 1990s national geographics. there is something about the photos, that, to me, scream kodachrome. is that the case, did ng shoot lots of kchrome back then? or it is just scanning back then was different than now?

--
/S
aim:iddibhai