Re: [OM] Looking for a user super-wide...

Subject: Re: [OM] Looking for a user super-wide...
From: Dylan Sutton <dsutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:17:20 +1100
Hi Curt,
How do you define "cheap"? I have a Vivitar 19/3.8 in excellent condition
that I'd like to sell for AU$200 (about US$140) plus actual shipping cost.
The reason I'm selling is that I bought a Tamron 17/3.5 a couple of months
ago and can't afford to keep both. Handling wise I like the Vivitar better -
much smaller, much lighter, takes 62mm filter instead of 82mm on the tamron
(which screws into the clamp on hood) - but I want the wider angle
sometimes. Makes for a great travel lens.
I can email you pictures of the lens and pictures taken with the lens if you
are interested. I don't know about postage costs to where (?) you are, but
at 215g for the lens (with generic caps) it's pretty light and compact.
regards,
Dylan
[sending to the list because your mail is bouncing back]

Subject: [OM] Looking for a user super-wide...

I'm looking for a user ("Cheap") wide angle lens in the 17-19mm range for
my Olympuses (Olympie??)... something like the Vivitar 19mm. Anyone know of
one available? I notice that B&H no longer lists the 19mm Vivitar on their
OM web site, though it still appears in their magazine ads. I've tried the
"wide converter" approach to experimentation, but think any true prime
would be better than that approach!

Curt