[OM] [semi-OT] C2020 Zoom users out there?

Subject: [OM] [semi-OT] C2020 Zoom users out there?
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:08:30 +0100
Hi,

Well, it finally happened. I got a digital camera!

It is not meant as a replacement for my OM gear, but rather as a
supplementing camera for doing quick product shots and pictures for web
pages.

Jaap Korten (Wide Angle) had a most nice camera for those purposes for me
which came at very low cost because the menus are in Japanese. I have
already downloaded the English manual, and using that (and common sense) the
majority of the camera's functions are clear. Nonentheless, though it looks
cool in a way, the more intricate menu driven functionality in Japanese is
not so easy to 'decode'. :)

Is there anyone out there who happens to have a C2020 Zoom with English
menus? If so, please contact me (preferrably off-list). Hopefully someone
can then type out the menu text in sequence (with which I should be able to
make the mapping to the Japanese menus). As an alternative, a Japanese
user's manual might also work (if it maps 1 on 1 on the English manual, that
is).

I haven't used the camera a lot yet, but I'm quite impressed by it's
functionality so far! Previously I used a N*k*n Coolpix 990 (my boss'
camera), but other than being less intuitive (it just isn't an Olypus!) I
was quite underwhelmed by the results. What I'm seeing so far from the Oly
is very much to my likings. It features lovely things such as ESP and spot
metering modes, selectable slow flash synching, external flash connection(!)
and lots of other great things!

Cheers!
Olafo