[OM] E-1 in Santa Rosa

Subject: [OM] E-1 in Santa Rosa
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:59:09 -0800
I went by Shutterbug on South Santa Rosa Avenue today to drop off some film. They had an E-1 in stock and I took a few minutes to mess with it. They only had the 14-54mm lens in stock. They also had the power attachment. None of the stuff had prices on it (which was odd, IMO), but the guy in the store said the body was $1600, the lens $600 and the power attachment was another $600. I think he was just popping those prices off the top of his head, though. It's a bulky little beast, ain't it? It feels good in the hand, but it's got quite a bit of heft. I liked the control layout. Everything seemed very comfortable in the five minutes or so I spent messing with it. The focus seems really fast to me. Of course, I shoot with an OM-4T, so what do I know about autofocus? It didn't have a memory card in it, so I couldn't judge as to how quick it is to work with or how the photos looked, but I left thinking I sure wouldn't mind taking one with me. Of course, not enough to drop that much cash on it.