[OM] 8mm

Subject: [OM] 8mm
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 18:53:32 +1100
Now there I was in a store yesterday chatting to my second favorite technician when he hauled out an item of interest - yes, just ever so slightly of interest. 8mm Zuiko in apparent mint condition, caps, case. Now apart from looking like a stunned hobbit staring at whatsername over that great glass pool I did hear the dreadful words - "nasty attack by particularly aggressive fungus in rear elements - two surfaces beyond recovery." he was right - soft and muddy image. So, not wishing to spend a lump of money on something I really want but can't fix, I'm looking for one of three people - A. Someone with an 8mm with a damaged front who needs this one for the immaculate front section. B. Someone with an 8mm with a badly damaged front element who wants to sell it to me for peanuts.
C. Someone who knows a source for a couple of those little rear elements.

You would realise that is in inverse order of preference!
Basically, I am still lost in the separate universe that is contained within that great pool of glass. If it's not recoverable, I may set up a roadside shrine.
Anyone? ANYONE?
AndrewF