Re: [OM] Re: OT Aeroplanes

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OT Aeroplanes
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:44:51 +0000
During the Kosovo campaign we had an AN124 in at Bruggen to take stores on deployment. The airfield was designed for tactical bombers so we had a serious problem checking the pavement loading and the space for the wingspan as it taxied. The parallel taxiway was too close to the trees so it had to remain on the operational readiness pan at one end of the runway. I passed it at night while it was there; I wish I had had a camera with me as it was all lit up on the inside and out.

The AN225 looks even bigger ...

Chris