Re: [OM] UK Prices of A2 mounts,

Subject: Re: [OM] UK Prices of A2 mounts,
From: john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:19:33 +0000 (GMT)
Chris, I agree with a lot of what you say about the bay...at least as far as
the US is concerned. One solution is to get items forwarded to a contact in the
States and collect it regularly  :-)
    Of course the problem does not occur within the EU.  H.M. highwaymen
(customs) cannot get their hands on it.
    My favourite solution however is to form a relationship? with a reliable
camera dealer. My local dealer Always lets me know if any good Olympus
equipment surfaces...AND gives me "staff discount" without me asking  :-)  .
The pressure to buy is sometimes hard to resist :-). I always try to have a few
extra Tamron adapters handy...you never know when you will need them.

>  from:    Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  date:    Mon, 27 Oct 2003 06:04:08
>
> Thanks Donald, but buying small items from the bay is subject to the
> law of diminishing returns.  Even though the exchange rate favours UK
> buyers at present, postage and the threat of import duty (combined with
> the fee levied by the carrier for presenting the parcel to Customs)
> make it hardly worth the candle.
>
> ... and I was in a rush ...

John Duggan,  Wales, UK.