Re: [OM] OM Aperture Induced Vibration Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Aperture Induced Vibration Question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:36:36 -0700
lamadoo@xxxxxxxx wrote:

My wish: simple mod that allows pre-fire, putting camera in "hair-trigger"
mode.  Another press would send the rest of the process in motion.

You would not be able to judge the moment through the viewfinder, as the mirror would be up. What I'd like is a second self timer mode with a 2-3 second delay, that 12 seconds gets kinda long when used repeatedly.

Anyway, I'm thinking that one of the 70s rangefinders will be a fine concert
camera: very fast lens near 40mm, quiet, and very sharp.  I may have to
buy/reject/sell several to sort out an outstanding example before I rebuild it.
 I'm reading with great interest the various ideas about converting from
mercury to silver batteries.  Once I find the example with a sharp lens, I can
tune the poteniometer rather than install a diode.  Does anyone have links to
ideas about upgrading from a 70s era cadmium-sulfide cell to a silicon-blue
one?  If I'm adjusting a pot anyway...
CDS cell generates its own current to drive the meter. Si-blue is a light variable resistor, so it needs a power source. You would have to determine full characteristics of the meter movement and design a circuit to generate the correct voltage and current range across the coil resistance. Then, of course, you have to figure out how to mount the cell and where to put the rest of the circuit. I used to be up for this kind of project years ago, but no more.

Moose