[OM] taking chances on epay

Subject: [OM] taking chances on epay
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:41:43 -0300
Just this evening I have unwrapped this item that came in the mail today.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2953913269&ssPageName=ADM
E:B:EOAB:US:6
Granted, we are not talking a high quality lens here, but I was looking for
something cheap in a 200mm fixed focal length for a specific purpose, and
something that was a bit faster than the 80-200/4.5 zoom Kiron I have (which
gives excellent pics). When something is listed in a less than best
category, and when the seller does not really deal in photo equipment per
se, you are a bit nervous. But at $12.53, you can't go too far wrong (right
Brian? :-). On this one, with the exception of a couple pin prick size marks
on the metal lens cap, the entire lens is in absolutely like new condition.
I doubt the lens was ever used more than a couple times. There are no wear
marks or scrathches on it anywhere, neither on the barrel, nor on the
sliding built-in hood, nor aperture ring, and the glass is spotless, with no
inside dust even that I can see.
Maybe I've been lucky, but this typically reflects the kind of experience
I've had buying on epay for about 950f my purchases. The one frustration
I've had is getting people to leave me feedback, but no feedback is better
than negative I guess.
Wayne