Re: [OM] Re: [OT]Transformers (was Noisy T32 (wax potting))

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT]Transformers (was Noisy T32 (wax potting))
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 08:40:31 +0800
Varnishing a transformer will not affect the heat dissipation, it is common
for many high frequency transformers and all line transformers, air is a
poor heat conductor anyway. The noise of a ferrite core transformer can be
came from loose assembly between core and bobbin or a loose winding, if the
two EE cores are fixed by tape only, noise will also be generated between
the two cores.

C.H.Ling