Re: [OM] Photshop question, follow up

Subject: Re: [OM] Photshop question, follow up
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 22:25:30 -0700

>I wrote:
>
>>>OK,  I'm getting my TOPE submission ready but am having trouble getting
>>>the exposure right. I'm trying to "burn in" certain areas with photoshop
>>>by using selections. I end up with the desired exposure but a rather
>>>harsh dividing line between the selected areas even after feathering.....

Moose replied;

>I'd be interested in hearing any reply on-list. There is so much to
>learn in PS that I'm always interested in hearing different techniques.

Thanks to those who replied with suggestions. As someone mentioned,
there are always several ways to arrive at the same place with PS. A
couple of people suggested the method I finally used. It was quick and
easy and very effective.  I will take the liberty to share the terse but
clear instructions sent to me  off list by B.D. Apologies if this is
deemed inappropriate.

Open layers, adjustment layer - either levels or curves, doesn't matter
- and mode should be either Screen or Multiply, depending on whether you
want to dodge or burn. Click Ok..Then do a Cnt I (or is it Alt I - to
invert) then, using the airbrush set at about 6-8 percent to start with,
"paint" the area you want to lighten or darken...It's terrific...

Mike