Re: [OM] Sigma lens problem- 180 Macro now and E1

Subject: Re: [OM] Sigma lens problem- 180 Macro now and E1
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:35:16 EDT
In a message dated 10/9/03 3:56:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
miadolphins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Thanks for the information Gary, I was curious as to the performance of the
>  Sigma, I actually saw someone using one on an assignment, and it caught my
>  eye.
>
>  Do you think you'll ever graduate to the Olympus E-1 Digital?
>
>  Sam...

I guess I'll eventually get an E1. I was impressed with the camera when I saw
it at Competitive Camera a few weeks ago. With the battery pack that all
digital cameras apparently need, the cameras become very large. I don't use the
Motor Drive unless I need it, so I'm used to the small OM's. I spent a nice day
at the Ozark Folk Center in Mountain Home, Arkansas, this week shooting the
local artisans with an OM 4T and a 35 and 24 that I never used. Nice and light.
No flash. Available light and E200 pushed a stop. The small OM's are perfect
for this type of work. I guess the E1 with the 11-20 zoom would be a nice
combination, also.

Gary Faulkenberry