Re: [OM] New vs Old--You can't manufacture serendipity or can you?

Subject: Re: [OM] New vs Old--You can't manufacture serendipity or can you?
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 12:38:21 -0400
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Mon, 6 Oct 2003 07:58:03 -0700 (PDT)

>Once upon a time, there was a Japanese company that introduced a
>most revolutionary product.  This company was quite a bit
>smaller than its competitors.

And its "product" became the standard for UPI and National
Geographic, among others.  Problem was, the company didn't suck up
enough to the pros, like Nikon and Canon did, and just give the
stuff away to them, like so many Bic lighters.

--SNIP--

>But this company has abandoned the old buyers buy not making it
>backward compatible.

Freudian slip there maybe?  Let's punctuate that sentence a little
differently, like this: But this company has abandoned the old
buyers.  Buy not, making it backward[s].

--SNIP AGAIN--

>If I wait a year or so, I might pick up a used one.

Maybe.  Maybe not.

Walt

 "Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time
 and to its government when it deserves it."  -- Mark Twain