Re: [OM] NEED HELP OF ZUIKO 40mm/F2 PANCAKE LENS OWNERS

Subject: Re: [OM] NEED HELP OF ZUIKO 40mm/F2 PANCAKE LENS OWNERS
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 06:35:27 +0100
Yes, my Bronica RF645 uses a 65/4 as its standard lens; this is a similar angle of view and is very versatile.

Chris
On Wednesday, Oct 1, 2003, at 05:42 Europe/London, Jim Couch wrote:

It is also a relativly unique 'perspective' as a lot of camera lines don't have anything like it. I have always like 40mm lenses in the 35 format. One of the reasons I like the Rollei 35s so well is because of it's 40mm lens. The Zuiko gives me the same thing on my Olys! It is a very nice 'normal' lens, not quite a wide angle, but a little more angle of view than a 50mm.

I think it is this perspective, combined with the reputation for being small that makes it so desirable to many Zuikoholics, as opposed to it's 'performance' from an optical standpoint.

Jim Couch
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.