Re: [OM] New E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] New E-1
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 23:11:22 -0700
Yes, the review said it didn't have a low pass filter but the stacked
colors result in gray moiré patterns rather than the colorful ones of
conventional sensors. I need to look up the pixels per inch on the SD9
and the E1 and see if that corresponds to the difference in usable
resolution. I believe the SD9 has fairly low pixels per inch so it would
run into aliasing problems sooner.

With the E1 having a smaller sensor and with them immediately aiming for
an 11-12 M sensor as Julian pointed out, it makes more sense for Olympus
to aim for a higher lens resolution even though many/most current
cameras can't use the resolution of the current lenses. Thanks for
pointing out the difference in sensor size as being part of the need for
more resolution. It makes more sense now.

-jeff