[OM] E-10 noise and performance

Subject: [OM] E-10 noise and performance
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:00:21 +0100
I have one of the last E-10's with latest firmware and so on. I've
been very pleased with it and the camera goes everywhere with me.

My son recently bought (for *much* less money) a Casio compact 5
megapixel.

Yesterday I copied some of his image files straight off the CF card.
How I wish I had not done that!

The image quality was superb - sharper, smoother and with far less
noise than the  E-10. Unfortunately the EXIF information from the
Casio did not register the effective ASA (just "auto") so I don't know
whether we're comparing like-with-like.

Was the E-10 *really* so bad, or is it just that it's now a 4-5 year
old design and everything else has overtaken it?

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)