[OM] The B300

Subject: [OM] The B300
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:39:50 -0500
My wife used one with her IS3 on her first Safari, to excellent results. I'm
sure that an actual 300mm lens would be better, but without something to
compare it to, it looks reall good.

There is more than some chance of vignetting. At any setting below about
170mm, there is a LOT of it, to the point that you get a circular image,
like a FF fisheye, only not so distorted.

The real disadvantage is the size. You get a big, heavy hunk of glass
hanging off the end of a zoom lens that seems not all that durable to begin
with. It makes me nervous.

Bill Pearce