Re: [OM] 24mm f/2.8 circle.

Subject: Re: [OM] 24mm f/2.8 circle.
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:28:51 +1000
Just looking at the lens diagram here -
http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/lensgroup/24mmf28.htm
and it would be relatively easy to check. The two element group just behind the shutter is the most likely candidate and should be showing a flat face forward and a concave backwards. It's hard to imagine any of the other elements being reversed. I've just been cleaning a 28/2.8 and that has a double concave element in the same position - I'm still not sure I got it back in right (yeah, next time I'll mark it first!). Can't imagine how it would cause a dark circle though (how dark, how distinct?) - I guess we'll stand back and let the physicists here run all over that one while the rest of stand blissfully inside a circle of confusion. Meanwhile, tell him to get a coupla quotes - it's not exactly a major procedure! And you only pay if they fix it.
AndrewF

Hi, all,

I sold a 24mm F/2.8 to a gentleman on eBay in may and he has been having the
following problem:

"When shooting at f16 the print/slide always shows a dark circle as part of
the
image. I recently took this into a camera repair shop and they believe that
an internal optic is in backwards based on their preliminary tests. This is
going to be somewhat costly to repair."
I told him I did not have the problem, but I may never have used the lens at
F/16.
Any ideas??  John H.????

Thanks,
John