Re: [OM] (OT?) art and photography

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT?) art and photography
From: David Cochran <cochran@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 00:57:33 -0400
Hi Wayne:

Loved your Ice images. Liked your compositions a lot. Of course you have a
beatiful family also.

When it comes to film vs digital, high resolution vs medium resolution, this
brand vs this other brand or format vs format I always remember waht a
photographer and friend of mine used to say, "it is what we see in the tube
what counts" (He is also a motion picture comercial director)

People get tangled with all the techno babble and pick your side alegiances
and in the end is what you hold in your hand in the end, the print.

I have worked in many formats and media and ALL formats and ALL media has
its own particular and rightful beauty.

No matter how much you "process" an image shot with a 35mm motion picture
camera you will not be able to reproduce the "escence" of Super8. Nor will
you be able to come close to the clarity of 35mm mp film with Super8 or even
HD video. But all hold their own place.

As that man said, KEEP AT IT.

peace

David