Re: [OM] OM-2S + OM-3 anyone?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S + OM-3 anyone?
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:00:38 +1200
Hi folks

> In a message dated 9/19/2003 9:10:57 AM Central Standard Time,
> info@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> wie sehen die objekive aus? Spur von kratzern oder pilzen? lockere ringe
> vielleicht?
>
> klaus
> Yes, and besides that, they will only ship within Germany.  Anybody have any
> idea why many, if not most, German ebayers will only ship within Germany?
> Bill
> Barber

One reason is that the sellers believe / suspect that most O/S buyers will
baulk at paying the extravagant German postal O/S charges.

Also, their payment methods are rather restrictive compared with what is
available elsewhere.

However, I have found that if I ask *politely* if a seller in any country who
has
happened to have decided to ship within their country only, if they will make
an exception for me; 90+% agree to do so !!

Also, and I have yet to test this, shipping to the USA only doesn't mean that
an O/S buyer cannot pay for it and require the item to be sent to a USA
address. Some sellers think this but that's not what the words say.

Except Olympus America - who say that they are  not able to accept credit
cards from outside the USA. I feel I ought to test this some time - they really
pi** me off with this caveat.

Brian