Re: [OM] drop in filter size

Subject: Re: [OM] drop in filter size
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:30:36 -0700

>I=92ve got the "proper" polarizer for this lens, the one made for it
>by Tamron.  It is a 43mm filter and is just a smidgen over 6mm
>thick.......

Unfortunately I haven't found this filter in any of the usual places. Is
it spendy?

>I filed down a couple of Tiffen filters of a sort I like to use
>occasionally -- 812 and enhancing -- to just over 6mm, and they
>work fine in the rear filter holder.  If you choose to do this, I
>highly recommend removing the glass first.  If a polarizer with
>the double mount proves to be too thick, you might just remove the
>glass and put it in an ordinary filter mount.
>
>Walt

That may be what I will have to do. I did find the Tiffen kit of 4
filters in 43mm size. Kit includes CP, UV 812 and enh. The MC B+W
doesn't seem to be available as a slim in 43mm and I don't have any
extra 43mm housings as I've never used that size before. Maybe i could
order the B+W in a standard housing which @ 6mm should work well.

Mike