[OM] FW: T32 is not firing at 1/60 but at 1/30 downwards

Subject: [OM] FW: T32 is not firing at 1/60 but at 1/30 downwards
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:43:18 -0300
Hi list,

Well I don't feel so lonely now.

Fernando.

----------
From: Radovan Faltus <faltus@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 20:25:42 +0200
To: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: T32 is not firing at 1/60 but at 1/30 downwards

Hi Fernando,
  That's interesting, just a couple days ago i found a similar
behaviour of my OM2 but with difference:
   at 1/60 Manual T32 fires but with small fraction of the full power,
at the same speed my off-brand flash works properly and i have good
photos with it.
   I think in my case at 1/60 "prevention switch" cuts the synchro sinking
pulse, which is not enough long for T32 but enough for off-brand flash (it
has at synchro contact full condenser voltage unlike T32).
  Anyway the "prevention switch" needs probably adjustment and it seems
like a bug of OM2 generaly.
   From the Olympus brochure i understood the "prevention switch" is
activated by real shutter speed, not by speed dialer, so if 1/60 is really
1/60, problem is just with "prevention switch".

I dont think "p. sw." is easy to adjust, what i found in the Service manual
is, that it's X1 switch of the Synchro cirquit diagram p. 152 (pdf 5of5) and
 parts CE 0843 and CE 0842 of the Cirquit diagram p. 150 (pdf 5 of 5).

I'm actually off-the list (only watching in daily archive), can you post
this to the list?

Radek