Re: [OM] Filter Quality

Subject: Re: [OM] Filter Quality
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:56:56 +1000
That's too expensive by far! I just paid $87 for a new B+W 77mm Slim Circ-Pol (from ebay id - ec-trade)and only $20 for an older used 77mm 1A. AFAIK Heliopan is the only other brass body filter (apart from the B+W filters labelled Leica or Contax). Hoya premium quality (HMC) are usually considered the 'best of the rest' although I rather like coated Nikon filters too (L37c). Filters are what you buy when you're in a store and they've got no zuiks and there's money burning a hole in the pocket and you really want to slake the thirst if even for a short time. You can get your OM a pressie! That's why I've got drawers full of the bloody things.
AndrewF

Here's one I believe Skip, let me know?
XDan
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2949355377&category=1
5219

Everyone should do themselves a favor a throw away all their old, crappy
1A or UV filters and replace them with brass-cell, B+W, MRC multi-coated
filters

Skip