Re: [OM] NOW: [OT] G5 Memory capability isn't new

Subject: Re: [OM] NOW: [OT] G5 Memory capability isn't new
From: David Cochran <cochran@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 22:24:08 -0400
> *WARNING, minimal OM content below*

This discussion pops up in almost all forums dealing with computers at the
service of image professions.

I am a video editor and FX artists. I have used PC's, Macs and Silicon
Graphics workstations. I own a Mac and I think that for me is the best, and
I mean FOR ME. When I started in computer usage I was so afraid to shut down
the computer for fear of erasing everything in the computer, so I would ask
a co-worker to do it for me (that way if something did get erased I could
blame him..hahaha)
Anyway, Mac is very easy you dont have to deal with "technical issues" when
you install or use software. I still can't remember what error -3 means and
I have been using them for 12 years now. All this is to say that it does not
matter the platform you use, the specks are for techies. Use it to your
art's advantage, be it Mac,Wintel, Linux... but use it.

They say Bill Gates is the devil himself, being a Mac lover I now beleive it
is Steve Jobs...

peace

David