[OM] NOW: G5 Memory capability isn't new

Subject: [OM] NOW: G5 Memory capability isn't new
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 13:07:30 -0700
>From: "Scott Gomez" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Dual P4 Xeons up to 3 GHz. =
>Supports up to 8GB of RAM.

Do you actually have 8GB in it, or is this something they simply claim they
"support?" How many DIMM slots does it have?

Last I checked, the Xeon had a 32 bit address bus. How are they addressing more
than 2BG of RAM?

I'm not being argumentative; I really want to know. From looking at the pages
CH Ling cited, it seemed to me that they were either faking it, or were willing
to supply you with specialty (expensive) RAM.

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: HTML email goes right in the trash! Turn off HTML if you want to email me.