Re: [OM] Re: Faster sync speeds buys me what?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Faster sync speeds buys me what?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 18:44:22 -0700
Am I totally confused here? I thought these DCs had no mechanical shutter at all, with 'reading' happening in soft/firmware. So the maximum synch speed is function of hardware speed. Adding a mechanical shutter in the lens would increase size and cost, no?

Moose

Jan Steinman wrote:

I was disappointed to find the E-1 uses a focal plane shutter. It seems to me
that with electronically-controlled lenses, Olympus could have used a leaf
shutter, like the do in the E-10/20.