Re: [OM] Main diff btw 0M3Ti & 4Ti?

Subject: Re: [OM] Main diff btw 0M3Ti & 4Ti?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 18:38:29 -0700
I'm sure you ar right. But the raison d'etre of the 3 is that it is a mechanical camera. The circuitry is 'only' for exposure measurement. I understood that the rest of the OM-3Ti innards are pure OM-3 with different top and bottom covers and better sealing. Makes sense, as they hardly broke in the original tooling with the run of original 3s.

Moose

Mark Dapoz wrote:

Actually, I believe the OM-3Ti has more in common with the OM-4Ti than
the OM-3.  The 3Ti's circuit is based on the last version (CE version)
of the 4Ti circuit. The OM-3 used a much older circuit design.  At least
that's what I gather from reading through the 3Ti service manual.  I'm
not about to open up my 3Ti to find out for sure :-)