[OM] Re: [OT] Praising apples, now TR-6's

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Praising apples, now TR-6's
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 14:56:30 -0400
You're welcome to come babysit the old gal, but you probably
wouldn't get much joy out of it unless you like putting old cars
back together or sitting in one that won't run, in a garage,
going "Vroom, vroom."  Right now, it's in pieces, primarily
waiting on a rebuilt head.  (I probably need one of those
myself.)  I've already made the conversion to Mallory electronic
ignition, and when the new head, with it's bigger valves and
unleaky valve seats, arrives, then it's time to bolt on all the
goodies now sitting in boxes around the carcass: new intake
manifold and Weber carbs, chrome exhaust headers and stainless
steel exhaust system.  A new convertible top and carpet come next,
and then I need to find somebody capable of putting a new
headliner in the genuine, you-can't-find-one-anymore steel
hardtop.  Then it's off for new paint.  I just wish real spoked
wheels weren't so damned expensive.  And finding those red-line
Michelins is getting to be a real problem.

OM content:  When I started taking it apart a couple of years ago,
I shot two complete 36-exp. rolls of Fuji Superia showing where
stuff was so I'd know how to put it back two or three years
later.  All photographs were taken with an OM-4, a 50/2 Zuiko
macro and a T-28 Twin macro flash.

As for the 90/2, it's a keeper, but for most of my macro shots I
prefer the 135/4.5 and the 65-116 tube.  Of course, if you'll take
off the old and put on the new exhaust system, I'll consider a
temporary loan of just about any Zuiko I've got.  At my age, I'm
beginning to no longer enjoy working under cars.

Right now, I'm running late for a football game, so I gotta go
catch up.  I think I'm a beer or two behind.

Go Vols.

Walt