Re: [OM] Shift lenses - was: Allow me to introduce

Subject: Re: [OM] Shift lenses - was: Allow me to introduce
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 22:44:42 -0700 (PDT)
>Can someone explain this shift lenses thing to me.  I would
>hate to consider myself a stupid man (:-)) but I'm
>just not getting it.

Like the other posters have said, the shift lens is primarily
for keeping lines from converging, such as in photographing
buildings.  However, that is just the start.  You will find that
the shift lens might become your "standard" lens for nearly all
non-people/action photography.  It essentially turns your OM
into a view-camera.  (overlly simplistic, I know)

The principle is this:  If the film is kept parallel to the
subject, you will want to have the center of the lens aligned
directly between the center of the film and the center of the
subject.  Laws of optics take over from there.

The Zuiko 35 Shift is an awesome lens.  I wish that I didn't
have to get rid of mine, but I needed a few items more, at the
time.

AG-Schnozz