Re: [OM] Recommendations on digital for ebay auctions?

Subject: Re: [OM] Recommendations on digital for ebay auctions?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 12:20:07 -0700
on 9/4/03 6:26 AM, NSURIT@xxxxxxx at NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I am considering the purchase of a simple digital camera for the single
> purpose of creating images for ebay auctions.  The requirements are that it be
> able to make good close up images for auctions and be easy to use.  Does
> anyone have any recommendations for possible candidates?  The does not need to
> be Olympus, although it could be.  It also does not need to be the most
> current technology.  Your advice is appreciated.  Bill Barber

I was using an Olympus D-360L, which is a no-zoom 1.3MP, it would focus to
about 6". In practice I resize the images to 600 pixels across, and this
seems to be fine for e*ay when no 'supersize' option is wanted. Leaving them
at the full size would probably work for 'supersize' also.

Now I have an Olympus C-2020Z, which is 2.1MP and 3X optical zoom. I also
have a wide-angle and telephoto attachment, and a close-up lens will fit the
filter adapter although it focuses to about six inches anyway. I don't think
you need more than this for your stated purposes. I suspect I could generate
a pretty good appearing 'snapshot' style print 4" x 5" or maybe a little
bigger from this camera, but at internet/web resolutions its more than
enough pixels.

Then again, you could just get an E-1 system and be done with it... <g>
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...