Re: [OM] Re: an Albert intervention

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: an Albert intervention
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 09:59:02 -0300
On 9/3/03 3:48 AM, "Jan Steinman" <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What are 16 bit apps? Apple users have never had to deal with such things --
> all Mac programs were always 32 bit.

This isn't true. 32-bit was mostly added in system 7 if memory serves. I
think there may have been an extension to have it work in some later
versions of system 6. Yes, most older apps worked fine but there were a
couple ones that did have problems.

Note, I'm not slamming the Mac, I've used one since 1986 and it's still my
primary desktop system at home (the only PC I currently own runs Linux).

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx