[OM] High-speed Olympus video camera

Subject: [OM] High-speed Olympus video camera
From: Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 21:49:36 -0400
I just got a flyer from Olympus Industrial, singing the praises of their new
"i-SPEED" video camera.   See <www.olympusindustrial.com>.

Specs include interchangeable Zuiko (TV, not OM) lenses, 800x600 in monochrome
or full color, capture speed from 60 to 33,000 frames per second, time lapse
capability, etc.   Equivalent sensitivity (in ISO film speeds) not mentioned,
but such cameras have always needed a *lot* of light.

I don't need such a camera, but it would be a nice toy.  But not soon.  I bet
this camera system is tens of thousands of dollars.  I think the comparable
Kodak camera is US $30K.

Joe Gwinn