Re: [OM] Interesting encounter

Subject: Re: [OM] Interesting encounter
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:24:21 -0700
When I hunted around for the replacement front element for my 24-Shift,
Olympus America said "no longer available" but Olympus Japan had it... I
sent the lens to Olympus Japan for CLA and replacement of front element; the
cost of the whole deal including FedEx shipping both ways was about $430...
which I thought was a good deal. The element itself was about 30,000 Yen I
think. I'm glad I fixed it when I could!

I think Olympus America is just trying to 'wash its hands' of the whole OM
thing... <sigh>
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...