Re: [OM] Zuiko 250 f2 scam

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 250 f2 scam
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 09:03:27 -0700
Definitely a scam ... his reply to my suggestion to use escrow.com

Dear sir
look how we make the deal for have secure.
you send me the money by my address but you put the money by your name
for can`t pick up the money.
i will send you the package and if you like the packge you call Western
Union and tell them to cange the name with my name for can pick up the
money.
i whant to do like this for now that you are not a scam and you will
send the money.

... etc

The English in his original letter was much better. Actually I figured
it was worth probing for the educational value ... It appears if you
send money via Western Union it is like someone said earlier ... like
leaving money in a brown paper bag in the park.

-jeff